- See more at: http://www.jetseotools.com/free-meta-tag-generator/output#sthash.UfVEJ6sq.dpuf Flourless {Almond Butter} Chocolate Chip Cookies - Knitting is the new Nintendo

Flourless {Almond Butter} Chocolate Chip Cookies

I finally made time to bake again and I chose to make a Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie. Can I just say... YUM!

I doubled the recipe and brought these to the office and I will admit I probably snuck 4 myself throughout the day. No portion control here, however I definitely got my protein for the day! They are sooooo goood! And bonus for those that are gluten free, there is no flour! And for bonus #2 I eliminated the chocolate chips in a few cookies for a friend who is dairy free as well.

I've never baked with almond butter before, but I'm always up for an experiment if someone else has had success with it first. For the first go with on this recipe I found the final cookie quite soft and may break apart in your hand, but if you're holding it that long and aren't chowing down on it in 2-3 bites there is something wrong with you. Just kidding, but seriously ;) Anyways I think next time I might try a different almond butter that is more the texture of peanut butter and they may stick together better (see notes below).


Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: 1 1/2 dozen 

Ingredients
1 large egg
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Set oven to 350F
  2. Crack the egg into a medium bowl and beat it lightly. Add in the almond butter, baking soda, and sugar and mix everything together well.
  3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop the dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Space the cookies well apart, and flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don't overbake these, the cookies will look underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
  6. Let them cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack.
Notes (from the original blogger)
You can use commercial or 'natural' almond butter for these cookies (that's what I did), although the type you use will alter their texture slightly. Sue found the best texture was with 1/2 Jiff almond butter and 1/2 natural almond butter. Just be sure to stir in any excess oil on top of the natural brands, and get it completely mixed in.
Now go and enjoy!!






Please note: This recipe is for personal use only. This recipe is from Sue at the view from great island. Please do not pretend that you made any of it, please give proper credit when featuring elsewhere. Thank you!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment