- See more at: http://www.jetseotools.com/free-meta-tag-generator/output#sthash.UfVEJ6sq.dpuf Prayer Reminders - Knitting is the new Nintendo

Prayer Reminders

Have you ever told someone you'd pray for them and then completely forgotten until the next time you see them? I'm sure it's happened to the best of us, but it doesn't have to anymore :)

A few months ago I decided to really commit to prayer. Specifically that when I tell someone I am going to pray for them I mean it! The best practice is to actually pray for them on the spot, but if I can't do that (I admit sometimes I'm not bold enough) I commit to pray for them after we part ways, and not just once, but ideally for the long haul until the situation changes. 

Prayer is important and I have personally experienced how valuable and encouraging it is when others tell me they will pray or are praying for me. I want to be able to give that same encouragement to my friends as well and I especially want to honour that commitment to do what I promise to do.

"...pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective" James 5:16

So what I've come up with to keep myself accountable and is really easy is to use the Reminder's App on my iPhone. Let me break it down for you:

1) Open your Reminder's App (already installed on an iPhone) and start a new list and label it "Pray For" or something like that.
2) Start adding prayer requests that you are committing to.
3) Input the details so your phone will remind you - tap on the line you want and tap the little blue 'i' to open up the item details. Fill in the details as to the date and time you want to be reminded.
4) The last detail is now is deciding whether this is a one time prayer or an ongoing one. In this app if you tap the item to 'check it off' it will disappear as completed. However, if you would like it to be reoccurring you can set it up to repeat in the details as well. Then when you mark complete it will refresh with the next time it's scheduled to remind you.

Easy Peasy!

This might not be for everyone, some might think it's too rigid of a practice and whatnot, but I think it's valuable in creating discipline to pray for others more regularly. I have personally experienced times where life has you running from one thing to the next you really don't even stop to think, let alone pray. So this is simply what I do to help keep myself accountable and to not forget about those that I have committed to lifting up in prayer.

Blessings,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. I can relate. Even though we know that God is everywhere, at every time, in every space, our prayers are heard even if we pray "late". He can hear the prayer back there even if we pray it now! How amazing is our creator?? Beyond comprehension, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and prayers are words that span time in human history. People learn how to pray within the words of a prayer from the religion given to them. This act affects ego emotional and moral balance in ones life. Humans are spirit beings and praying and prayers works within a person's spirit force in context of a person's religious training to develop spirituality within the emotional ego projections in life. Praying within prayer develops a person's spirituality and affects their range of emotional attitudes being projected by their ego in interactions between people and physical items. Qibla direction finder

    ReplyDelete